Have you thought about stopping smoking?
There's no time like the New Year to give it a go, especially if you could use some extra cash. Stopping smoking can save around £250 a month for a typical 20 a day smoker.
Find out exactly how much you'll save with the cost calculator below. In addition to saving you money, stopping can mean many benefits such as improved breathing and general fitness and better looking skin and teeth.
Smoking is the biggest cause of preventable ill health.
Find out just how much you could save
You can also track how much you’ll save on the go if you have an iPhone or iPod touch
Stop smoking and start saving today. Stopping smoking may seem like a daunting task but loads of free support is available to help you quit and stay quit. Try some of these ideas:
- Decide how you want to be supported to stop smoking. Lots of free support is available and you could be four times more likely to quit successfully with support from a quit programme.
- Try nicotine replacement products or medication
- Avoid situations you associate with smoking
- Gain support from friends and family
- Set a date for stopping smoking – this gives a day to aim for and time to prepare
- Quit and get fit with Halo Leisure Centres – quit smoking with Halo and get a membership discount