The Disability Positive Project is running a series of events in the county throughout the week of 3-7 December.
The Disability Positive project is a partnership of local people and organisations, working together to improve the lives of disabled people in Herefordshire. The objective of Disability Positive is to improve the participation of disabled people in all aspects of society.
One of the main events of the week is a public information session at the Hereford Leisure Centre on Tuesday 4 December. It's free and runs from 10.30am -2.30pm.
Some of the highlights include:
- Get individual, specialist advice on how recent welfare reform might affect you
- Bring your CV for specialist advice on how to present yourself on paper, interview techniques, looking for and applying for jobs
- Get individual support and advice from a council officer on hate crime
- Get advice on using or applying for a Blue Badge
- Get a free massage from the team from the Royal National College
- Have a go at drumming with Beat-It-Percussion
Marches Family Network, Vision Links, ECHO, TPG DisableAids, Motability, Guide Dogs, Music Pool and many more displays will be there on the day.
This is a drop-in event, come anytime throughout the session and no need to book. If you have any queries, email email@example.com or call 01432 260244.
For further information about all the events taking place, visit the Disability Positive events page.